List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Kruckenberg Date:March 22 2005 10:45pm
Subject:Re: remote connection problem
View as plain text
Not necessary to change my.cnf, unless --skip-networking was specified.
Also assuming that you are using port 3306.

mysql> show variables like 'port';
| Variable_name | Value |
| port          | 3306  |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Can you verify that network traffic is getting from your remote client
to the MySQL server? When you attempt to connect, do you see network
packets coming to port 3306 on the MySQL server machine?