List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Johnson Date:March 22 2005 9:44pm
Subject:RE: Passing Arrays between pages
View as plain text
From: PartyPosters [mailto:sales@stripped]

> Hello,
> Please can someone tell me how you pass arrays between PHP pages.
> I have tried something like this and have tried many
> variations of this but
> nothing working yet ;
>

> Page 1
> $testArray[0] =Apple;
> $testArray[1] =Banana;
> $testArray[2] =Peach;
>
> echo "<INPUT NAME = \"kcompany[]\" TYPE = \"hidden\"
> VALUE=\"$testArray\">";
>
> Page2
> echo $testArray[1];

This is more of a PHP question, and I'm sure you'll be admonished for
it, but I'll answer it anyway. Essentially, you need to construct the
array elements as their own hidden values.

echo "<INPUT NAME = \"kcompany[]\" TYPE = \"hidden\"
VALUE=\"Apple\">";
echo "<INPUT NAME = \"kcompany[]\" TYPE = \"hidden\"
VALUE=\"Banana\">";
echo "<INPUT NAME = \"kcompany[]\" TYPE = \"hidden\"
VALUE=\"Peach\">";

At that point, if you call:

echo $kcompany[1];

after the form submit, you'll get Banana.

HTH!

--
Mike Johnson             Smarter Living, Inc.
Web Developer            www.smartertravel.com