List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stembridge Date:March 22 2005 3:30pm
Subject:SELECT rows from the previous business day
View as plain text
A table exists with id and datetime columns; I need to SELECT records from
the previous business day.     I began with this:

SELECT id FROM table WHERE TO_DAYS(NOW()) - TO_DAYS(datetime) <=1

But if NOW() is a Monday, it pulls records from Sunday (there are none since
records are inserted M-F only).    I thought of using something like this in
my WHERE clause:

"AND DAYOFWEEK(datetime) != 6"

Though this doesn't seem like an operable solution (If I'm not mistaken this
would return 0 rows if no records were inserted on a Sunday).

Does MySQL include a specifier for business day?

Thank you,

Michael

Thread
SELECT rows from the previous business dayMichael Stembridge22 Mar
  • Re: SELECT rows from the previous business dayJigal van Hemert22 Mar
  • Re: SELECT rows from the previous business daySGreen22 Mar
  • Re: SELECT rows from the previous business dayPeter Brawley22 Mar
    • Re: SELECT rows from the previous business daySGreen22 Mar