List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:March 21 2005 4:36pm
Subject:Wait for data to change
View as plain text
Dear MySQL,

I have an application which need to wait for some data to change, then
act on this change.

I am polling the MySQL once a second using "SELECT ..."

I believe there is an alternate method where a thread can be made to
wait for some change, therefore avoiding the expensive polling and
improving performance.

If any member knows what this may be, I would be very interested.

Regards, Ben Clewett.
Thread
Wait for data to changeBen Clewett21 Mar
  • Re: Wait for data to changeSGreen21 Mar
    • Re: Wait for data to changeEric Bergen21 Mar
    • Re: Wait for data to changeBen Clewett22 Mar