List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Date:March 21 2005 3:27pm
Subject:MySQL Driver
View as plain text
Does anyone know anything about the MySQL (3.x) Driver that comes installed
with coldfusion? No luck with yahoo search or coldfusion documentation.

Hi all,
I am trying to create a datasource for mysql database. I tried using the
mysql (3.x) driver but i got this error:
Connection verification failed for data source: DTD_Test
java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during handshake. Is there a
server running on 127.0.0.1:3306?
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: Communication failure during
handshake. Is there a server running on 127.0.0.1:3306?

I then found this post
http://www.easycfm.com/forums/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=32&Topic=5625 and i
have been doing as it says: ColdFusion MX: Configuring the MySQL JDBC driver
(MySQL Connector)
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.tn_19170&extid=tn_19170&dialogID=391691&iterationID=1&sessionID=4830d081ed2f$7E$3F$3&stateID=0%200%20399545&mode=simple

I downloaded the mysql-connector-java-3.1.7.zip file from and extracted ONLY
the Executable jar file
mysql-connector-java-3.1.7-bin

to here:

C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\CFIDE\classes\mysql-connector-java-3.1.7\mysql-connector-java-3.1.7-bin.jar

Then in the ColdFusion Administrator, I clicked on the "Java and JVM" page.
Entered the full path to the JAR file in the Class Path field.

C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\CFIDE\classes\mysql-connector-java-3.1.7\mysql-connector-java-3.1.7-bin.jar

Thread
functions md5, cryptsymbulos partners21 Mar
  • MySQL DriverEd21 Mar
  • Re: functions md5, cryptMartijn Tonies21 Mar
  • Re: functions md5, cryptGleb Paharenko22 Mar
RE: functions md5, cryptTom Crimmins21 Mar
  • Re: functions md5, cryptMichael Stassen21 Mar
    • Re: functions md5, cryptsymbulos partners21 Mar
  • again on encryption function, with bug 7846 questionsymbulos partners22 Mar
RE: again on encryption function, with bug 7846 questionTom Crimmins22 Mar