List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:March 20 2005 4:14pm
Subject:Re: Select previous group
View as plain text
Carl,

 >Seems like there should be a simple solution to my problem but I have
been unable to find it.

 >Suppose you have a phone book of names, addresses, etc.  You are
looking at page
 >100 and want to now see page 99.  (The person data is, of course,
dynamic so a specific
 >name is not tagged to a specific page.)  How can I select the names
for page 99 (in this
 >case) knowing only the first name on page 100 and the number of names
I want to display?

Assuming...
    1-based page numbers,
    you are on page P, and
    each page shows N rows,
then a SELECT statement that reproduces your page, assuming no rows have
changed, ends with
    LIMIT ((P-1)*N, N),
so you could retrieve page 99 with a SELECT statement which ends with
    LIMIT (98*N,N).

Peter Brawley
http://www.artfulsoftware.com

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.7.4 - Release Date: 3/18/2005
Thread
Select previous groupCarl20 Mar
  • Re: Select previous groupRhino20 Mar
  • Re: Select previous groupPeter Brawley20 Mar