List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:March 17 2005 3:53pm
Subject:Re: Ms Sql unique identifier field
View as plain text
Hello.

You should think about AUTO_INCREMENT. See:
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/example-auto-increment.html

[snip]

Hi!
i have a question:
 FIELD IN MS SQL SERVER
 FiledName: uiAutID
 DataType: unique identifier
 DefaultValue: newid()
  how i can describe the some column in MySQL?
  if isn't possible, how can i solve my problem?
   P.S.: is necessary for us, use "unique identifier" data type because

   the datas must be exchanged with others companies and we need garantee

   unique identification of all the informations.

    Maurizio, Sponda

[snip]