List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:March 17 2005 9:30pm
Subject:Re: ROW_SIZE or something alike
View as plain text
Marco Neves wrote:

>oix ppl,
>
> Nobody have any sugestion that can me help with this issue?
>
> thanks
>
>mpneves
>On Wednesday 16 March 2005 14:09, Marco Neves wrote:

Look under storage requirements in the manual.
You are  MySQL core certified?

>>oix ppl,
>>
>> sorry for the question, but I looked in the Manual online and didn't find
>>nothing that do this that I'm looking for, so I'm hopping someone can help
>>me.
>>
>> I'm looking for some way to know the size each row of a table uses in my
>>database (phisical - real disk space allocated or logical - datasize
>>ignoring compression and any control data, don't mind, anything is better
>>than nothing).
>>
>> The way I was thinking this could be got was with something like:
>>
>> SELECT ROW_SIZE(),* FROM tablename WHERE somefield=somevalue;
>>
>> or
>>
>> SELECT group__id, SUM(ROW_SIZE()) grpsize FROM tablename GROUP BY
>>group__id;
>>
>> This is what I thought would be great to have, but any other way to get a
>>row size would be good enought.
>>
>> This could be both Data and Index size for each row, but data would be
>>good enought.
>>
>> There is anyway to get this information?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>mpneves
>>--
>>Marco Paulo Neves
>>MySQL Core Certified
>>Linux Certified Professional
>>http://themage.bliker.com

Thread
ROW_SIZE or something alikeMarco Neves16 Mar
  • Re: ROW_SIZE or something alikeMarco Neves17 Mar
    • Re: ROW_SIZE or something alikegerald_clark17 Mar
    • Re: ROW_SIZE or something alikeKeith Ivey17 Mar
      • Re: ROW_SIZE or something alikethe Mage Merlin17 Mar