List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:March 11 2005 9:42pm
Subject:Re: Lock timeout problem
View as plain text
Mauricio,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mauricio Pellegrini" <hrrg-inf@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:13 PM
Subject: Lock timeout problem

> Hi, we are using mysql 4.1.4-gamma and a few days ago we started to
> receive lock wait timeout messages from within our application also on
> other connections via tcp/ip ( from mysql clients ) the same thing
> happens
>
> While we are trying to discover what is causing these errors I've noted
> this in the output of SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS
>
> this is the text:
>
> ---TRANSACTION 0 735105891, ACTIVE 1812 sec, process no 24059, OS thread
> id 1741492237
> 225 lock struct(s), heap size 27968, undo log entries 12427

use SHOW PROCESSLIST to determine if you have a dangling session. You should
commit your transaction. It looks like someone forgot to commit a big
transaction.

> Question #1.
> Can I identify the query that was running in that transaction?
>
> I Think it may not be inside the binary log as we had to stop the server
> and start it again .
>
> Question #2.
> What does the " 225 lock struct(s) " mean

It means appromately that the transaction has locks on 225 pages or 225
tables.

> Thanks
> Mauricio

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Thread
Lock timeout problemMauricio Pellegrini11 Mar
Re: Lock timeout problemHeikki Tuuri11 Mar
  • Re: Lock timeout problemMauricio Pellegrini14 Mar