List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philippe Poelvoorde Date:March 11 2005 9:11am
Subject:Re: Better option then polling ?
View as plain text
Michael Gale wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am fairly new to mysql and have a strange request .... I am not sure
> if "stored procedures" will solve this.
>
> I have a table in a database that is constantly being updated with new
> information. I would like to be notified if certain information gets
> committed.

I think we'll try to do something regarding this asap 5.0 gets in
production mode (and when we'll have time, whichever comes first ;)
Our first idea is to add a stored procedure triggered on update of a
particular table, then the stored procedure would call an UDF-function
which would do the job. (just ping a particular port on a remote server,
to force it update that table). As anyone been doing something like this  ?
At the moment we're just polling the whole table every 5 seconds (not a
big table less than 500 records)

--
Philippe Poelvoorde
COS Trading Ltd.