List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:March 10 2005 10:42pm
Subject:Re: replication errors
View as plain text
>> So there's already data missing on the slave.... *shrugs*
>
> Yep, you told it to SKIP ERRORS.  That means that if any query generates
> an error, for any reason, it's just going to skip over it and move on. So
> data was missing on your slave the moment you restarted replication -- it
> skipped the UPDATE it had a problem with.  From that moment on, your
> replication was out of sync.

Correct yes.  As I said, my problem is not the data that is missing, my
problem is the fact that a update / insery query executes successfully on
the master, but generates a error on the slave because the bin logs aren't
read / written properly... That's the problem here, not the missing data...
For that I have backups.

--
Chris

Thread
replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsIrek S?onina10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsIrek SÅ‚onina10 Mar
      • Re: replication errorsKeith Ivey11 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsRichard Lynch10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsJeremy Cole10 Mar