List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:March 10 2005 10:14pm
Subject:Re: replication errors
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Lynch" <ceo@stripped>
To: "Chris Knipe" <savage@stripped>
Cc: <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 12:08 AM

>> mysql> SELECT COUNT(RadAcctId) FROM RadiusAccounting;
>> +------------------+
>> | COUNT(RadAcctId) |
>> +------------------+
>> |            1144320 |
>> +------------------+
>> 1 row in set (1.69 sec)
>>
>> root@netsphere:~# mysql --host=mysqldb02 --database=DB -p
>> mysql> SELECT COUNT(RadAcctId) FROM RadiusAccounting;
>> +------------------+
>> | COUNT(RadAcctId) |
>> +------------------+
>> |            1144218 |
>> +------------------+
>>
>> 1 row in set (0.05 sec)
>> So there's already data missing on the slave.... *shrugs*
>
> Or there is data still pending in the binlog between master and slave.
>
> Replication is not instantaneous.
>
> If you shut down the Master and wait, does all the data make it to the
> slave?
>
> I'm not promising it's not broken:  I'm just promising that your analysis
> is too brief and incomplete to be conclusive. :-)

I thought someone would bring this up.  I should have mentioned in my
original post, I did check, the slave was up to date...

Quick test on the slave:
root@netsphere:~# mysql --host=mysqldb02 --database=DB -p
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 1806 to server version: 5.0.2-alpha-log

mysql> SHOW SLAVE STATUS\G
             Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
                Master_Host: 198.19.0.35
                Master_User: replicator
                Master_Port: 3306
              Connect_Retry: 60
            Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000006
        Read_Master_Log_Pos: 7634
             Relay_Log_File: netsphere-relay-bin.000029
              Relay_Log_Pos: 7768
      Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000006
           Slave_IO_Running: Yes
          Slave_SQL_Running: Yes
            Replicate_Do_DB:
        Replicate_Ignore_DB:
         Replicate_Do_Table:
     Replicate_Ignore_Table:
    Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
                 Last_Errno: 0
                 Last_Error:
               Skip_Counter: 0
        Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 7634
            Relay_Log_Space: 7768
            Until_Condition: None
             Until_Log_File:
              Until_Log_Pos: 0
         Master_SSL_Allowed: No
         Master_SSL_CA_File:
         Master_SSL_CA_Path:
            Master_SSL_Cert:
          Master_SSL_Cipher:
             Master_SSL_Key:
      Seconds_Behind_Master: 9
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT COUNT(RadAcctID) FROM RadiusAccounting;
+------------------+
| COUNT(RadAcctID) |
+------------------+
|            1144374 |
+------------------+
1 row in set (0.05 sec)

mysql>

On the master...
root@netsphere:~# mysql --host=mysqldb01 --database=DB -p
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 225 to server version: 5.0.2-alpha-log

mysql> SHOW MASTER STATUS;
+------------------+----------+--------------+------------------+
| File             | Position | Binlog_Do_DB | Binlog_Ignore_DB |
+------------------+----------+--------------+------------------+
| mysql-bin.000006 |     7634 |              |                  |
+------------------+----------+--------------+------------------+
1 row in set (0.04 sec)

mysql> SELECT COUNT(RadAcctID) FROM RadiusAccounting;
+------------------+
| COUNT(RadAcctID) |
+------------------+
|            1144475 |
+------------------+
1 row in set (0.12 sec)

mysql>

--
Chris.

Thread
replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsIrek S?onina10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsIrek SÅ‚onina10 Mar
      • Re: replication errorsKeith Ivey11 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsRichard Lynch10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsJeremy Cole10 Mar