List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:March 10 2005 4:11pm
Subject:Re: replication errors
View as plain text
>> Chris Knipe wrote:
>> [..]
>>> Sure, there is a syntax error in the query - yes.  But why does the
>>> master not put the complete query in the bin log?????????  This is the
>>> second time in 3 days that it has happened now.  Whilst we are on this,
>>> how do I tell the slave to skip the query and proceed with the rest of
>>> the binlog... Thanks to this now, we already have a MASSIVE backlog that
>>> needs to be processed.
>> [..]
>>
>> I do not know if it is a best solution but that's shure that it's an
>> easiest. Just add
>>
>> slave-skip-errors = all
>>
>> to the config... or just with errors that you want to skip, refer to the
>> manual for an extensive description.
>
> Ok, that's fair enough, and it seems to be working again for now.
>
> But just how realiable is MySQL's replication to begin with?  Skipping the
> errors does not resolve my problem.  Skiping the errors mearly means that
> my slave server will not have a accurate representation of the data on the
> master.  Surely, there must be a reason why the Master server is not
> logging queries properly into the binary log??? Either it's not being
> logged right, or the Slave is not reading it correctly.  If it was
> different versions of MySQL, I could have perhaps let this fly with a
> incompatibility of sorts, but they are exactly the same versions??????
>
> And this is not the first time it's happening either...  It really makes
> me doubt whether MySQL is the right approach to take to this whole
> replication vs data redundancy scenario.
>
> --
> Chris.

Now, I've been running for not even 1 hour with the skip-errors enabled....
A quick check, on ONE table...

root@netsphere:~# mysql --host=mysqldb01 --database=DB -p
Enter password:

elcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 159 to server version: 5.0.2-alpha-log

mysql> SELECT COUNT(RadAcctId) FROM RadiusAccounting;
+------------------+
| COUNT(RadAcctId) |
+------------------+
|            1144320 |
+------------------+
1 row in set (1.69 sec)

mysql> quit
Bye
root@netsphere:~# mysql --host=mysqldb02 --database=DB -p
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 105 to server version: 5.0.2-alpha-log

mysql> SELECT COUNT(RadAcctId) FROM RadiusAccounting;
+------------------+
| COUNT(RadAcctId) |
+------------------+
|            1144218 |
+------------------+
1 row in set (0.05 sec)

mysql>

So there's already data missing on the slave.... *shrugs*

--
Chris.

Thread
replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsIrek S?onina10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsIrek SÅ‚onina10 Mar
      • Re: replication errorsKeith Ivey11 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsRichard Lynch10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsJeremy Cole10 Mar