List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:March 10 2005 3:57pm
Subject:Re: replication errors
View as plain text
> Chris Knipe wrote:
> [..]
>> Sure, there is a syntax error in the query - yes.  But why does the
>> master not put the complete query in the bin log?????????  This is the
>> second time in 3 days that it has happened now.  Whilst we are on this,
>> how do I tell the slave to skip the query and proceed with the rest of
>> the binlog... Thanks to this now, we already have a MASSIVE backlog that
>> needs to be processed.
> [..]
>
> I do not know if it is a best solution but that's shure that it's an
> easiest. Just add
>
> slave-skip-errors = all
>
> to the config... or just with errors that you want to skip, refer to the
> manual for an extensive description.

Ok, that's fair enough, and it seems to be working again for now.

But just how realiable is MySQL's replication to begin with?  Skipping the
errors does not resolve my problem.  Skiping the errors mearly means that my
slave server will not have a accurate representation of the data on the
master.  Surely, there must be a reason why the Master server is not logging
queries properly into the binary log??? Either it's not being logged right,
or the Slave is not reading it correctly.  If it was different versions of
MySQL, I could have perhaps let this fly with a incompatibility of sorts,
but they are exactly the same versions??????

And this is not the first time it's happening either...  It really makes me
doubt whether MySQL is the right approach to take to this whole replication
vs data redundancy scenario.

--
Chris.

Thread
replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsIrek S?onina10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsIrek SÅ‚onina10 Mar
      • Re: replication errorsKeith Ivey11 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsRichard Lynch10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsJeremy Cole10 Mar