List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:March 10 2005 2:07pm
Subject:replication errors
View as plain text
Lo again,

Master and Slave server, both running 5.0.2-LOG (Exactly the same versions).

On the master, everything is working fine.  Data that gets inserted /
updated / deleted etc goes into the bin log, and gets replicated to the
slave.

HOWEVER

On the slave, I am getting syntax errors from the queries received from the
master?!?!?!?! HOW can I query NOT be correct when it gets to the slave, but
yet on the master, the query was issued successfully???

The latest example:
mysql> SHOW SLAVE STATUS\G
             Slave_IO_State: Waiting for master to send event
                Master_Host: 198.19.0.35
                Master_User: replicator
                Master_Port: 3306
              Connect_Retry: 60
            Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
        Read_Master_Log_Pos: 8916111
             Relay_Log_File: netsphere-relay-bin.000009
              Relay_Log_Pos: 956043
      Relay_Master_Log_File: mysql-bin.000001
           Slave_IO_Running: Yes
          Slave_SQL_Running: No
            Replicate_Do_DB:
        Replicate_Ignore_DB:
         Replicate_Do_Table:
     Replicate_Ignore_Table:
    Replicate_Wild_Do_Table:
Replicate_Wild_Ignore_Table:
                 Last_Errno: 1064
                 Last_Error: Error 'You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near ''64.7.0/B' at line 1' on query. Default database: 'DB'.
Query: 'INSERT INTO GlobalCountryPrefix (CountryID, Network, Prefix) VALUES
('230', '64.7.0/B'
               Skip_Counter: 0
        Exec_Master_Log_Pos: 5911231
            Relay_Log_Space: 3963045
            Until_Condition: None
             Until_Log_File:
              Until_Log_Pos: 0
         Master_SSL_Allowed: No
         Master_SSL_CA_File:
         Master_SSL_CA_Path:
            Master_SSL_Cert:
          Master_SSL_Cipher:
             Master_SSL_Key:
      Seconds_Behind_Master: 79761
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Sure, there is a syntax error in the query - yes.  But why does the master
not put the complete query in the bin log?????????  This is the second time
in 3 days that it has happened now.  Whilst we are on this, how do I tell
the slave to skip the query and proceed with the rest of the binlog...
Thanks to this now, we already have a MASSIVE backlog that needs to be
processed.

--
Chris.

Thread
replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsIrek S?onina10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
  • Re: replication errorsChris Knipe10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsIrek SÅ‚onina10 Mar
      • Re: replication errorsKeith Ivey11 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsRichard Lynch10 Mar
    • Re: replication errorsJeremy Cole10 Mar