List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jigal van Hemert Date:March 10 2005 8:14am
Subject:Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft Office
View as plain text
From: "Patrick Connolly"
> Somewhere about Wed, 09-Mar-2005 at 03:02PM +0100 (give or take), Jigal
van Hemert wrote:

> |> From: "Curtis Maurand"
> |>
> |> Using ODBC you can access MySQL from OpenOffice.org (which has an
> |> Access-like frontend built in), using ODBC and MS Jet engine (standard
with
> |> recent Windows versions) you can access and edit Access databases
(*.mdb)
> |> with OpenOffice.org.
>
> but only with Windoze, is it not?  I assume it's dependent on the OS
> having the Jet engine.  I'd be very interested to know if anyone has
> done an equivalent to that in Linux.

Google is wonderful in this regard:

linux/odbc/mdb:
http://bryanmills.net:8086/archives/2003/11/microsoft-access-database-using-linux-and-php/

linux/odbc/mdb/openoffice.org:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=17403
...and the rest at...
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=linux+odbc+mdb+openoffice&btnG=Search

Regards, Jigal.

Thread
Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeTom Crimmins8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert8 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
      • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeSteve Buehler8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeMartijn Tonies8 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft Officedixie8 Mar
      • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH9 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeMartijn Tonies9 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeCurtis Maurand9 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert9 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficePatrick Connolly10 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert10 Mar
RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJ.R. Bullington8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
    • RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGordon8 Mar