List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Connolly Date:March 10 2005 7:56am
Subject:Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft Office
View as plain text
Somewhere about Wed, 09-Mar-2005 at 03:02PM +0100 (give or take), Jigal van Hemert wrote:

|> From: "Curtis Maurand"
|> > Using ODBC, however, you can link Access tables to MySQL tables and use
|> > Access as the front end to MySQL.  It works very nicely.
|>
|> Using ODBC you can access MySQL from OpenOffice.org (which has an
|> Access-like frontend built in), using ODBC and MS Jet engine (standard with
|> recent Windows versions) you can access and edit Access databases (*.mdb)
|> with OpenOffice.org.

but only with Windoze, is it not?  I assume it's dependent on the OS
having the Jet engine.  I'd be very interested to know if anyone has
done an equivalent to that in Linux.

--
   ___     Patrick Connolly
 {~._.~}

Thread
Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeTom Crimmins8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert8 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
      • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeSteve Buehler8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeMartijn Tonies8 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft Officedixie8 Mar
      • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH9 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeMartijn Tonies9 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeCurtis Maurand9 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert9 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficePatrick Connolly10 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert10 Mar
RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJ.R. Bullington8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
    • RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGordon8 Mar