List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eamon Daly Date:March 9 2005 8:27pm
Subject:read-only and CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE (was: safe way of replication?)
View as plain text
Speaking of the --read-only option, I don't suppose there's
any way to run --read-only but allow CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE,
is there? We run several reports against a slave server
which require temporary tables for speed, and have had a
problem with the occasional accidental write to the slave.
The slave server is running MySQL 4.0.20.

Eamon Daly