List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Ivey Date:March 9 2005 8:11pm
Subject:Re: safe way of replication?
View as plain text
Atle Veka wrote:

> Even if you replicate the 'mysql' DB, GRANT/REVOKE statements are not
> replicated, nor are FLUSH statements. So if you are adding new access
> privileges on the master they will not be active on the slave until you
> issue FLUSH PRIVILEGES (one the slave).

What version are you talking about?  GRANT and REVOKE seem to be
replicated fine nowadays.  I remember some bugs related to their
replication, but they were about replicating them when they
shouldn't be (when the mysql DB wasn't being replicated), not
failing to replicate them when they should be.  Also FLUSH
PRIVILEGES is replicated as of version 4.1.1, according to the
documentation.

The original poster might want to look into the read-only option
to prevent accidental modification of the slave data:

--
Keith Ivey <keith@stripped>
Smokefree DC