List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Richardson Date:March 9 2005 4:23pm
Subject:Re: safe way of replication?
View as plain text
I would probably not replica the mysql database in your case.

We run a similar setup. One problem we have is people connecting to
the wrong database server and applying updates (for example, they
think they are in the master, but it's really the slave and they
perform an update or an insert). As you can guess, it causes problems
with data integrity. In order to get around this, we remove
insert,update,delete from our users on the slave..

out.