List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:March 9 2005 3:49pm
Subject:safe way of replication?
View as plain text
Lo all,

Just wondering... Would the below be considered a "safe" way to do
replication...

MasterBD:  One Database (most Critical)
SlaveDB: Replicating all databases from MasterBD as well as hosting allot of
other 3rd party, or customer DBs.

Basically, the MasterBD holds a single critical database for our company
(i.e. main database).  The slave DB then becomes a slave for the MasterDB
(one way replication), but also hosts allot of other not so critical
databases?

So far, this seems to be working, but I am getting a couple of errors or
problems in regards to the mysql table for user authentication...  My guess
is that I more than likely just don't need to replicate that DB from the
master.

Would this be considered safe??  Or should I look at a third database server
for deployment?

--
Chris.

Thread
safe way of replication?Chris Knipe9 Mar
  • Re: safe way of replication?Gary Richardson9 Mar
  • Re: safe way of replication?Chris Knipe9 Mar
  • Re: safe way of replication?Atle Veka9 Mar
    • Re: safe way of replication?Keith Ivey9 Mar
    • read-only and CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE (was: safe way of replication?)Eamon Daly9 Mar