List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Billy Pilgrim Date:March 9 2005 6:02am
Subject:ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
View as plain text
Hello, I installed MySQL 4.1.10 on Debian Ubuntu based following these
directions:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/installing-binary.html
I then logged in, changed root password, used test database, etc.

Now after reboot I cannot connect. I get this:

root@mycomputer:/usr/local/mysql/bin # ./mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

Please give options if this involves: manual server start, setting up
autostart, etc.
Thanks
Thread
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Billy Pilgrim9 Mar
  • Re: ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Gleb Paharenko9 Mar