List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:GH Date:March 8 2005 3:37pm
Subject:Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft Office
View as plain text
Thank you all for your responses.

The reason that I am currently asking about Publisher is that i do
certificates for programs that my organization runs and I am able to
in publisher mail merge the Proper Names of both the recipients and
signatories onto the certificate plus print the wording, graphics and
other content all at once.

with out having to do 2-3 passes through the printer ... a great time
saver when doing 200 certificates

I have the myODBC installed but can not get Publisher XP's mail merge
to get the data.

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:11:03 -0500, J.R. Bullington
<bullijr@stripped> wrote:
> I know that this is a little off topic, but if you want a "real" Desktop Publishing
> Suite, try Adobe
> (InDesign, specifically). They cannot do MailMerges like in OpenOffice or M$, but
> it's much easier
> to use than M$ and looks a lot more professional.
>
> As a side note, OpenOffice, as of 1.1.2, does not have a Publisher type equivalent.
> It also does not
> have an Access equivalent, hence MySQL interoperability.
>
> J.R.

Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeTom Crimmins8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert8 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
      • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeSteve Buehler8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeMartijn Tonies8 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft Officedixie8 Mar
      • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH9 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeMartijn Tonies9 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeCurtis Maurand9 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert9 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficePatrick Connolly10 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert10 Mar
RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJ.R. Bullington8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
    • RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGordon8 Mar