List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jigal van Hemert Date:March 8 2005 11:43am
Subject:Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft Office
View as plain text
From: "Tom Crimmins"
> On Monday, March 07, 2005 23:03, GH wrote:
>
> > Greetings, I would like to know if it is possible to do a mail merge
> > in Microsoft Office with a mySql database as the source?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> You can use install MyODBC, set up a DSN, and then use this in Office.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html

This article may also be useful for you to setup the MS Office side:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181926

Alternatively you could use OpenOffice.org (http://www.openoffice.org/)
which has built in MySQL support.

Regards, Jigal.

Thread
Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeTom Crimmins8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert8 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
      • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeSteve Buehler8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeMartijn Tonies8 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft Officedixie8 Mar
      • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH9 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeMartijn Tonies9 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeCurtis Maurand9 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert9 Mar
    • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficePatrick Connolly10 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJigal van Hemert10 Mar
RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeJ.R. Bullington8 Mar
  • Re: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGH8 Mar
    • RE: Use MySQL with Microsoft OfficeGordon8 Mar