List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mauricio Pellegrini Date:March 7 2005 11:22pm
Subject:skip-name-resolve
View as plain text
Hi,
Sometimes our Internet conection goes down and then all conections via
tcp/ip to our the mysql server (v.4.1.5) are slow.

I've read in the manual that one could use --skip-name-resolve as a
possible solution to this problem under windows.

The thing is that I've set this option int /etc/my.cnf in this way

[mysqld]
port            = 3306
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
skip-locking
skip-name-resolve

but I don't see it in the output from ps aux | grep mysql
my questions are

No.1
Is the option well set and in the right place ?

No.2
This slowness problem could occur also on a server running SuSe Linux
8.2 ?

Thanks
Mauricio

Thread
skip-name-resolveMauricio Pellegrini8 Mar
  • Re: skip-name-resolveGleb Paharenko8 Mar
    • Re: skip-name-resolveMauricio Pellegrini9 Mar
      • Re: skip-name-resolveKeith Ivey9 Mar
        • Re: skip-name-resolveMauricio Pellegrini9 Mar
      • Re: skip-name-resolveGleb Paharenko10 Mar