List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Purcell Date:March 7 2005 9:29pm
Subject:database pooling problem
View as plain text
Hello,

I am working with a traditional database pooling class basically putting connection
objects into a Vector.  When I run the code from a main, it appears solid. I have run 10s
of thousands of back to back queries and all is good.

Problem is when I connect it to a web-app, and reboot the webserver a couple of times, I
get a message from the driver stating "Too many connection" and I am done.

Upon thinking about this, I figured my traditional Vector of connections, is getting
created over and over, each time someone "bumps" the web server with a new class, etc. So
I start out with 10 connections, then another 10 and another 10 and eventually I guess the
driver has no more connections to give?

Anyway, this list is possibly the wrong, list, but I would hope there are some developers
here that may lend a hand or link. So I am not happy with what I have created nor the way
it works on the web server.

Does anyone have any ideas how I should handle this? in a web-based environment.

Thanks,
Scott

Thread
database pooling problemScott Purcell7 Mar
  • Re: database pooling problemSGreen7 Mar
RE: database pooling problemSGreen7 Mar
  • Re: database pooling problemEric Bergen8 Mar
    • Re: database pooling problemWilliam R. Mussatto8 Mar
  • IIS, ASP, MySQL (was: database pooling problem)Robert Citek6 Apr
    • Re: IIS, ASP, MySQL (was: database pooling problem)SGreen6 Apr
    • Re: IIS, ASP, MySQL (was: database pooling problem)Florin Andrei6 Apr