List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:March 4 2005 6:42pm
Subject:re: Exporting Data via Command Line
View as plain text
MrExecutive <mrexecutive@stripped> wrote on 03/04/2005 01:12:02 PM:

> Hello Guys,
>
>     I am a newbie to mySQL and im trying to export my database via the
> mySQL Command line but i cant seem to find any good documentation on how

> to do this. More articles are telling me to use phpAdmin or some other
> gui tool. I would like to learn the commands anyone has a good doc on
this?

> Thanks

Try reading up on these commands:

(from a command shell prompt) mysqldump
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysqldump.html

(from within a MySQL client) SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/select.html

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
Thread
re: Exporting Data via Command LineMrExecutive4 Mar
  • Re: Exporting Data via Command LineScott Hamm4 Mar
  • Re: Exporting Data via Command Linejacob martinson4 Mar
    • Re: Exporting Data via Command Linejacob martinson4 Mar
  • re: Exporting Data via Command LineSGreen4 Mar
    • Re: Exporting Data via Command LineEric Bergen4 Mar