List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 14 1999 12:33am
Subject:server has gone away
View as plain text
>>>>> "Derick" == Derick H Siddoway <Derick.H.Siddoway@stripped>
> writes:

Derick> Okay, so I'm rewriting some stuff.
Derick> Originally, I made one connection to the database and used that handle
Derick> for all of my queries.  But then I started playing with fork(), and
Derick> Monty said that when you fork(), you have to connect *after* the fork().

Derick> Okay, hence the rewrite.  So now I have code that makes a connection
Derick> to the database for each query.  Fine enough, the initial tests ran
Derick> just fine.  So I decided to see if I could just create a 10 000 record
Derick> database with this code.  I began to see some

Derick> Error connecting to database: Success
Derick> Error in query: MySQL server has gone away
Derick> Error connecting to database: Success
Derick> Error in query: MySQL server has gone away
Derick> Error connecting to datbase: Success

Hi!

Can you produce a test script that I can run of this?
Does the server really go done or only the connection?
(You can check this with 'mysqladmin -i1 proc')

Please read also the manual section 'Server has gone away' for tips of
what you can do to find the problem!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
server has gone awayMichael Widenius14 Apr