List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:J.R. Bullington Date:March 1 2005 9:26pm
Subject:Inserting Other Binary data into DB (NOT IMAGES)
View as plain text
Good afternoon all,
	I have a db (gasp!) that is holding images in a BLOB field already.
I can upload and retrieve on the fly - no problems.

Now I am looking at inserting binary data such as M$Word Documents (.doc and
.rtf), XML (which I have already been exposed to on this list), and PDF
files. I have read somewhere that it can be done, however I have not been
able to make it work with MySQL.

NOTES:
  -- I can make it work with Acce$$ if I use the OLE Object, but that is not
my goal.
  -- I do not want to store the resulting FSO /path/to/file structure.
  -- My goal is to try to insert them into the database.

DB NOTES:
  -- MySQL 4.1.10
  -- Linux RHEL 3.2 (production)
  -- Slave on Win2k3 also running 4.1.10 (devel)
  -- MyODBC 3.51.10 on Win2k3
  -- ASP 3.0 with IIS and Apache/Sun One ASP

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

J.R.

Inserting Other Binary data into DB (NOT IMAGES)J.R. Bullington1 Mar
  • Re: Inserting Other Binary data into DB (NOT IMAGES)Martijn Tonies1 Mar
    • RE: Inserting Other Binary data into DB (NOT IMAGES)J.R. Bullington1 Mar