List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:March 1 2005 2:49pm
Subject:Re: field varchar and char truncate the ended blank characters
View as plain text
Hello,

> Using TEXT or BLOB prevent me to display the string in a dbgrid, the real
> data is replaced by a text like "(MEMO)".
> I can use somethinh like "select substring( msg, 1,100 ) from mytable " to
> bypass the problem but is no the clean solution I looking for.
> I thank for your hints but I'm looking, if possible, for a different
> solution.
> Other ideas ?

Is this using Delphi? If so - you might want to create an OnGetText
event for the field and pass (part of the) TEXT as a simple string.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
field varchar and char truncate the ended blank charactersAESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati]28 Feb
  • Re: field varchar and char truncate the ended blank charactersGleb Paharenko1 Mar
    • R: field varchar and char truncate the ended blank charactersAESYS S.p.A. [Enzo Arlati]1 Mar
      • Re: field varchar and char truncate the ended blank charactersMartijn Tonies1 Mar