List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:leegold Date:February 27 2005 1:41am
Subject:Useful Relevance with FullText Boolean Mode - help
View as plain text
Is there any way to make relevance when using boolean mode more useful?
If not, are there plans in the future Fulltext development "todo" for
making it useful?

I'm thinking of just counting the keyword occurences in records with a
PHP script somehow and using that to order the records. Or doing a
non-boolean fulltext search w/relevance first and then melding that in
somehow with a boolean search.

See my results below...my "peeps" are asking me for relevance/ranking -
what do I do?
Thanks.

mysql> SELECT `page`.`title` , MATCH ( `title` , `descrip` ) AGAINST (
'nasdac' IN BOOLEAN MODE ) AS Relevance FROM `page` WHERE MATCH (
`title` , `descrip` ) AGAINST ( 'nasdac' IN BOOLEAN MODE )HAVING
Relevance > 0.2 ORDER BY Relevance DESC;
+------------------------------------------------+-----------+
| title                                          | Relevance |
+------------------------------------------------+-----------+
| Code 30 Specifications                         |         1 |
| Center for Aero Information (CAI)              |         1 |
| nasdac Centers                                 |         1 |
| nasdac Electronic Parts & Packaging Program    |         1 |
| Report/Document Number Series                  |         1 |
| misskermit                                     |         1 |
| COSMIC                                         |         1 |
| Consolidated Operations Contract (COC)         |         1 |
| Directives                                     |         1 |
| Directory of Project Libraries                 |         1 |
| nasdac Technical Standards Program             |         1 |
| Outstocking Handbook                           |         1 |
| nasdac Database (NAD)                          |         1 |
| nasdac test                                    |         1 |
14 rows in set (0.01 sec)
Thread
Useful Relevance with FullText Boolean Mode - helpleegold27 Feb
  • Re: Useful Relevance with FullText Boolean Mode - helpSergei Golubchik1 Mar
    • Re: Useful Relevance with FullText Boolean Mode - helpThomas Spahni2 Mar
      • FullText StopWordFileGabriel PREDA2 Mar
        • Re: FullText StopWordFileGleb Paharenko4 Mar
      • Re: Useful Relevance with FullText Boolean Mode - helpSergei Golubchik2 Mar