List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dušan Pavlica Date:February 23 2005 3:19pm
Subject:Change default character_set_client, connection, results
View as plain text
Hello,

could someone tell me if it is possible to change default settings for
character_set_client, character_set_connection and character_set_results variables? They
are always set to latin1 and I didn't find any way how to change their default value.
I'm using MySQL 4.1.9-nt and MySQL ODBC 3.51. My applications are written in C++ Builder
and I don't want to send command SET NAMES 'cp1250' whenever application opens
connection.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Dusan Pavlica
Thread
Change default character_set_client, connection, resultsDušan Pavlica23 Feb
  • Re: Change default character_set_client, connection, resultsGleb Paharenko23 Feb
  • Re: Change default character_set_client, connection, resultsDušan Pavlica24 Feb
  • Re: Change default character_set_client, connection, resultsDušan Pavlica24 Feb