List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:February 23 2005 1:36pm
Subject:Re: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL Values
View as plain text
Tim,

> Oh well, thanks anyhow.
>
> If I could put in a feature suggestion, it would be a flag that I could
> set to disallow duplicate nulls.  :)

What for?

NULL is not equal to NULL. Period.

If you don't want NULLs, make the column "not null".

The specification is correct.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesTim Gustafson22 Feb
  • Re: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesPaul DuBois22 Feb
RE: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesTim Gustafson23 Feb
  • RE: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesPaul DuBois23 Feb
RE: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesTim Gustafson23 Feb
  • Re: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesMartijn Tonies23 Feb
RE: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesTim Gustafson23 Feb
  • Re: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesMartijn Tonies23 Feb
  • Re: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesHarald Fuchs23 Feb
Re: UNIQUE Key Allowing Duplicate NULL ValuesMartijn Tonies23 Feb