List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mel list_php Date:February 23 2005 1:23pm
Subject:RE: Authorizing Problem in MySQL 4 with Mandrake 10
View as plain text
Be careful maybe you are mistaking here: the mysql root user as nothing to
see with the mandrake root user.
For exemple I lauch the mysql server as root from command line whereas I'm
just a user on my desktop.
So the mandrake root password and the mysql root password are also completly
different.

maybe this can be helpful:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/unix-post-installation.html