List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:terry jones Date:April 13 1999 10:01pm
Subject:Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).
View as plain text

Ed> What I'm interested is, why did it work on my 5.2 box and not yours?  I'm
Ed> stumped.

Actually, after upgrading to 5.2, the sample program I sent you did
work on my machine, as on yours. That's what led me to believe that my
troubles were over.

The actual program I'm working on though is much more complicated. It
does a ton of malloc and freeing, has potentially many threads which
use XDR to receive function arguments over a socket, and does various
other things (as well as talking to MySQL). I suspected myself
strongly, but dmalloc, EFence and my own debugging showed no problems
at all when running without threads or when running with a forking
server. Installing the new kernel fixed everything.

Also, don't assume that reliability and quality etc., increase
monotonically with kernel releases. Support for various things often
gets partially broken or goes backwards temporarily.

Thanks again,
Terry.
Thread
Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).terry jones12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Ed Carp12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).terry jones12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Ed Carp12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Ed Carp12 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).Aldrian Gintingsuka12 Apr
  • Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Michael Widenius12 Apr
  • Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).terry jones12 Apr
    • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).Ilya Obshadko12 Apr
    • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).terry jones12 Apr
      • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).Ilya Obshadko12 Apr
      • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with andwithout threads).terry jones13 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).Ed Carp13 Apr
  • Re: Opening multiple MySQL connections in one program (with and without threads).terry jones14 Apr