List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matt Florido Date:February 18 2005 3:44am
Subject:Re: MySQL 4.1.9 - Requesting Optimization Tips
View as plain text
Paul DuBois wrote:
> At 19:21 -0800 2/17/05, Matt Florido wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if anyone can provide any tips as to how to conserve
>> resources.  Currently, I see 10 instances of mysqld running. Each
>> instance is approximately 18MB.  For my application of MySQL, I don't
>> require a large amount of resources allocated to mysqld.
>

> If you're running Linux, there's nothing to optimize here.  These are
> threads of the same process, not 10 different processes.

Paul, thanks for the fast response.

Ah...so this is ignorance on my part.  You're saying mysqld is not
running separate processes even though Top reports separate PID.
Instead of each "thread" consuming appx. 18MB, the entire process is
consuming just 18MB?

Matt Florido
Thread
MySQL 4.1.9 - Requesting Optimization TipsMatt Florido18 Feb
  • Re: MySQL 4.1.9 - Requesting Optimization TipsPaul DuBois18 Feb
    • Re: MySQL 4.1.9 - Requesting Optimization TipsMatt Florido18 Feb
      • Re: MySQL 4.1.9 - Requesting Optimization TipsPaul DuBois18 Feb
      • MySQL constraint questionGerald Taylor18 Feb
        • Re: MySQL constraint questionSGreen22 Feb
          • Re: MySQL constraint questionMartijn Tonies22 Feb
            • Re: MySQL constraint questionGerald Taylor23 Feb