List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Meyer Date:February 17 2005 6:33pm
Subject:Re: MySQL and DNS problem
View as plain text
John Trammell wrote:
> You can specify a wildcard in the host IP, eg.
>
>   grant select on mydb.* to 'someuser'@'192.168.2.%' ...
>
> which you can use to get around your DHCP issue until host lookups are
> fixed.

Host lookups aren't broken using the `host` command.. only when MySQL
goes to look them up, which is the problem.

MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemMichael Dykman17 Feb
    • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
      • Re: MySQL and DNS problemMichael Dykman17 Feb
        • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
    • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
      • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
        • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
          • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemTom Crimmins17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemTom Crimmins17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemJohn Trammell17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb