List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Meyer Date:February 17 2005 6:29pm
Subject:Re: MySQL and DNS problem
View as plain text
Jeff Smelser wrote:
> On Thursday 17 February 2005 11:46 am, Ian Meyer wrote:
>

>>I wish we could do that, however, it's not an option as we use DHCP.. so
>>the IP's change, yet the hostname does not. Besides, that's just a cheap
>>way to avoid fixing the problem when it should work to begin with. Our
>>access tables are ridiculously messy as you can guess.
>

> You have a server thats on DHCP?  Well, your problem is dhcp I am sure.. But
> good luck with that horror flick.

Our servers IPs are static, as is the DNS in /etc/resolv.conf

> What is this world coming to.
>
> Jeff

Thread
MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemMichael Dykman17 Feb
    • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
      • Re: MySQL and DNS problemMichael Dykman17 Feb
        • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
    • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
      • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
        • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
          • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemTom Crimmins17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemTom Crimmins17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemJohn Trammell17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb