List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Meyer Date:February 17 2005 4:49pm
Subject:Re: MySQL and DNS problem
View as plain text
Tom Crimmins wrote:
> On Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:26, Ian Meyer wrote:
>

>>Tom Crimmins wrote:

>>>I know you said you have correct reverse entries, but just as a test
>>>if you run 'host 192.168.2.103' on the mysql host, does it give back
>>>the hostname you used in your grant?
>>
>>This was run on the database server:
>>[imeyer@xxxx imeyer]$ host 192.168.2.103
>>103.2.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer xxxxx.xxxxx.com.
>>[imeyer@xxxx imeyer]$ host xxxxx.xxxxx.com
>>xxxxx.xxxxx.com has address 192.168.2.103
>>
>>The error message MySQL shows the IP address.
>

> You don't happen to have skip-name-resolve in your my.cnf do you? I'm sure
> you probably already checked that. I think the grant will create a
> warning anyway if you try to give a hostname with this option enabled.

I definitely don't.. I even went through all the variables using 'show
variables;' and found nothing in there that could attribute to my
problem. This is becoming really baffling.. I may try a source compile
aside from this and try that to see if there is anything different.

Ian

Thread
MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemMichael Dykman17 Feb
    • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
      • Re: MySQL and DNS problemMichael Dykman17 Feb
        • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
    • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
      • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
        • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
          • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemTom Crimmins17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemTom Crimmins17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemJohn Trammell17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb