List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Meyer Date:February 17 2005 3:41pm
Subject:MySQL and DNS problem
View as plain text
Hello everyone,

We have a few MySQL servers (4.1.8) running on RedHat ES3. We're having
problems when trying to use hostnames in the grant command.

Example:
create database blah;
grant all on blah.* to 'user'@'host' identified by 'xxxx';
(also have used the FQDN instead of just host)

When trying to connect, it fails with the message:
'MySQL Error Number 1045
Access denied for user 'user'@'192.168.2.103' (using password: YES'

Our DNS servers have correct forward and reverse entries for all of our
machines. I read the docs about MySQL and DNS, but I still can't figure
this out.

Thanks,
Ian
Thread
MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemMichael Dykman17 Feb
    • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
      • Re: MySQL and DNS problemMichael Dykman17 Feb
        • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
    • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
      • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
        • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
          • Re: MySQL and DNS problemJeff Smelser17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemTom Crimmins17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemTom Crimmins17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb
RE: MySQL and DNS problemJohn Trammell17 Feb
  • Re: MySQL and DNS problemIan Meyer17 Feb