List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Elim Qiu Date:February 15 2005 6:23pm
Subject:timezone questions
View as plain text
Dear list,
I never tried any timezone features(options) of mysql and like
to learn from you.

(1) In what situation one need to set mysql timezone?
     (I know there are application level timezone solutions)
(2) What the effect if a custome timezone is settled with mysql?

I use mysql for web applications and need to deal with timezone
at web page generation level. Also I hope my datetime related data
in the database be server timezone independent so that the data
can be replicated among database servers located  in possibly
different zones.

Thanks