List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:J.R. Bullington Date:February 15 2005 5:58pm
Subject:RE: Unable to start MySQL
View as plain text
2 things --

1) Permissions on your /mysql/data/ directory.
	User mysql needs to have ownership, group mysql needs to have ownership as well.

shell> groupadd mysql
shell> useradd -g mysql mysql
shell> chown -R root /path/to/mysql/.
shell> chown -R mysql /path/to/mysql/data/.
shell> chgrp -r mysql /path/to/mysql/.

2) Check the <hostname>.err file. It will tell you why you are getting those errors.
More than
likely the permissions.