The mysql server is estimated to be as follows,
1. two servers, one is master and the other is slaves (replication)
2. two databases in mysql
3. 513 tables in each database
4. about 3000000 rows in each table
5. about 2T disk space for each server using SAN Storage
6. backup database periodically
The running environment is follows,
Server: Dual Intel Xeon 3.2G with 4G DDR2 Memory.
OS: FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
MySQL: 4.1 branch
Operation: 70 ~ 80% operation is query (select statement)
According to the above terms,
how to plan the Tablespace in the mysql server?
Using raw devices for the tablespace or innodb_data_file?
( How many Tablespace do I create? )
or using innodb_data_file with innodb_file_per_table?