List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Atle Veka Date:February 15 2005 12:34am
Subject:Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?
View as plain text
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Eric Bergen wrote:

> My understanding is that relay-info.log stores Exec_Master_Log_Pos so
> in order to only use master.info in a snapshot you need to make sure
> that the slave is caught up when the snapshot is taken. It's common
> for the I/O thread (controls master.info and downloads logs files) to
> be a few queries ahead of the SQL thread (controls relay-log.info and
> executes queries).
>
> If I'm wrong here please correct me. If you have Exec_Master_Log_Pos
> you can use it for Read_Master_Log_Pos on change master command on the
> new slave so it starts downloading relay logs at the proper position.

Eric, interesting point, I will have to get to the bottom of that so that
I can ensure that my slaves have identical data! ;) Luckily I alway seed
from an idle slave so it should only be minor inconsistencies if that ever
occurred.

Thanks!

Atle
Thread
Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Atle Veka14 Feb
  • Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Jeremy Cole14 Feb
    • Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Atle Veka14 Feb
      • Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Eric Bergen15 Feb
        • Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Atle Veka15 Feb