List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:February 15 2005 12:29am
Subject:Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?
View as plain text
My understanding is that relay-info.log stores Exec_Master_Log_Pos so
in order to only use in a snapshot you need to make sure
that the slave is caught up when the snapshot is taken. It's common
for the I/O thread (controls and downloads logs files) to
be a few queries ahead of the SQL thread (controls and
executes queries).

If I'm wrong here please correct me. If you have Exec_Master_Log_Pos
you can use it for Read_Master_Log_Pos on change master command on the
new slave so it starts downloading relay logs at the proper position.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:55:49 -0800 (PST), Atle Veka
<mysql-list@stripped> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Eric Bergen wrote:
> > Did you copy the and relay logs from the seed slave?
> >
> > Relay_Master_Log_file is line 3 in the file. This file
> > is managed by the SQL thread and helps the slave keep track of what it
> > has execute in the relay logs.
> >

> > -Eric
> Hi Eric, I do not include the relay logs/ when I seed slaves
> as from what I understand the new slave will start populating new relay
> logs starting at the position from
> Thanks,
> Atle

Eric Bergen
Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Atle Veka14 Feb
  • Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Jeremy Cole14 Feb
    • Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Atle Veka14 Feb
      • Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Eric Bergen15 Feb
        • Re: Empty 'Relay_Master_Log_File'?Atle Veka15 Feb