List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Kutsch Date:February 14 2005 11:55pm
Subject:innodb error 995
View as plain text
Hi I'm running version MySQL 4.0.20a-debug
windows server 2003
on a dedicated database server with an external SCSI RAID array with a
1 TB of disk space  (over 400 GIG free)

1 gig of RAM

basic settings
key buffer 512 MB
sort Buffer 32 Mb

innof db
Buffer Pool Size 512 MB

my innodb datafile is about 200 gig is size and I have 6 innodb
databses. 3 are very large 40+ gigs with about 800 million records.
The other 3 are very small few MB is size. Every two weeks I rebuild
one of the large db and use the other 2 as backups.
This configuration as worked fine for the last 2 months.

I was in the process of rebuilding one of the large databases when I
got the following error.

050214 16:46:56  InnoDB: Operating system error number 995 in a file
operation.
InnoDB: See http://www.innodb.com/ibman.php for installation help.
InnoDB: See section 13.2 at http://www.innodb.com/ibman.php
InnoDB: about operating system error numbers.
InnoDB: File name .\ibdata1
InnoDB: File operation call: 'Windows aio'.
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.

after restarting mysql, innodb rolled back my tables in the db that
crashed and the rest of my data seems fine.

I have googled around and there seems to be some info that this errors
is some kind windows driver. Is there any more info regarding this
error?

Any help would be useful.

Thank you

-Ben

Ben Kutsch		                 		Developer
Suite 304, 121 South 13th ST       	Dept. of Computer Science and Eng.
phone: (402) 472-2340	    		University of Nebraska-Lincoln
fax: (402) 472-3135               		Lincoln NE 68588-0115
email: bkutsch@stripped       	http://nadss.unl.edu

innodb error 995Ben Kutsch15 Feb
Re: innodb error 995Heikki Tuuri16 Feb