List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Blomstrom Date:February 14 2005 9:11pm
Subject:"collate latin1_general_ci" Error
View as plain text
I just installed a new software package that included
a MySQL upgrade. Everything was working fine until I
tried to import one of my tables to my online database
and got this error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
version for the right syntax to use near 'collate
latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
  `IDRealm` varc

What does this mean, and what's the solution?

Also, I noticed that when I create tables, I no longer
have a choice for InnoDB, so I've been choosing
MyISAM. If I leave it at default, what kind of table
would I get?

Actually, I'm leaning towards MyISAM anyway. I thought
InnoDB were generally considered superior, but when my
computer crashed, I lost most of my InnoDB tables but
none of my MyISAM tables.

Thanks.