List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:February 14 2005 9:52am
Subject:Can I dissable transactions?
View as plain text
Dear MySQL,

I am having a lot of problems deleting a large amount of data.  Say 20GB
from a 40GB table.  I seem to get failure quite a lot (due NOT to mysql,
but bad hardware), then MySQL roles back the transaction, which takes as
many hours and starting the transaction.  I also get this a lot:

"Lock wait timeout exceeded; Try restarting transaction"

With InnoDB is there a way of completely disabling transactions on a
session.  So I can delete data without rollback and on bad termination,
can restart and continue deleting where I left off?

Many thanks for an answer to this problem,

Ben Clewett.

--
Ben Clewett
Road Tech Computer System Ltd