List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Blomstrom Date:February 13 2005 10:18pm
Subject:Re: Where's my ODBC icon?
View as plain text
--- Andrew Pattison <spam@stripped> wrote:

> <<However, when I double-clicked odbccp32.cpl, I was
> rewarded with
> something similar to what I got before.>>
>
> Not sure what you are looking for then. The myODBC
> driver should not need configuring, beyond setting
> up data sources, which is exactly what the control
> panel applet does for you. There is no program to
> launch - you configure a data source to allow you to
> access data, then use your ODBC-capable program to
> connect to that data source.
>
> Start up the ODBC applet and change to the "System
> DSN" tab. Next, add a new data source which uses the
> myODBC driver to connect to the database you want to
> access via ODBC. Once you have done this, you can
> then connect to the data source from your
> ODBC-capable program using the name of the data
> source.

OK, now I understand it a little better. My ultimate
goal is to extract some data from some GIS files and
import them into MySQL. So it looks like I'm going to
be using ODBC to connect a software program called
GeoClient (which I haven't begun to figure out yet) to
another program called ArcExplorer (which isn't
working for me).

This should be interesting. :)

Thanks.

http://my.yahoo.com

Thread
Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
  • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Neculai Macarie13 Feb
    • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
      • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Peter Brawley13 Feb
        • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
          • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
            • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
              • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
                • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
                  • A Heartfelt thank you.gunmuse14 Feb
  • RE: Where's my ODBC icon?Osvaldo Sommer14 Feb
RE: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom14 Feb