List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Pattison Date:February 13 2005 9:53pm
Subject:Re: Where's my ODBC icon?
View as plain text
<<However, when I double-clicked odbccp32.cpl, I was rewarded with
something similar to what I got before.>>

Not sure what you are looking for then. The myODBC driver should not need configuring,
beyond setting up data sources, which is exactly what the control panel applet does for
you. There is no program to launch - you configure a data source to allow you to access
data, then use your ODBC-capable program to connect to that data source.

Start up the ODBC applet and change to the "System DSN" tab. Next, add a new data source
which uses the myODBC driver to connect to the database you want to access via ODBC. Once
you have done this, you can then connect to the data source from your ODBC-capable program
using the name of the data source.

Cheers

Andrew.

--
Andrew Pattison
mail at apattison.plus.com

Thread
Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
  • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Neculai Macarie13 Feb
    • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
      • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Peter Brawley13 Feb
        • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
          • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
            • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
              • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
                • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
                  • A Heartfelt thank you.gunmuse14 Feb
  • RE: Where's my ODBC icon?Osvaldo Sommer14 Feb
RE: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom14 Feb